Saturday, April 21, 2007

Trying to find a parking spot.


The vigor that comes with hand made coffee sweetened with condensed milk. In Spain they call it a "bon-bon", I call it a prescription for the cloudy gloomy day that hovers this morning.
I never thought I would be following someone who had their keys out so I could take their spot. No, not trolling on the opposite side of the road these days. No, I'm talking about bike parking.
She didn't leave, she just put something in her basket. It's just before noon and it's like the Mall of America, but of course with bikes. People are hovering all over, looking for a spot.
Here, people get parking stickers and park in special lots for bicycles. I don't have a sticker, so I have to slum it with the rest of the shoppers at my local grocery store. Luckily, I have a very small bike (actually you can fold it for storage) and it only needs a sliver of daylight for its parking needs. Well I found a spot and just in time too. That bon-bon tasted great on the way down, but now it's screaming to exit.