Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Welcome to me.

Richard Thompson sings Tempted.

Aren't we all.

Last Friday marked 2 years since I've been in the land of the rising sun, yet it wasn't cause for celebration. Not that I haven't enjoyed my time here, on the contrary, it's been a humanizing experience for me. Yes, I wasn't very human before.

Instead of doing a memory montage in my head of the past 2 years, I found myself thinking of wishes. I don't particularly have any outstanding wishes at the moment, but I traced back to when I was a kid. Mine were always moderate wishes. With the standard issue 3, #1 would be rid the world of acne. No more white heads, black heads, pot marked faces, red blemishes. Boom. All gone. But, now I think, well that would probably cause some kind of herd problems for the human race. We're talking about perpetuating the species here. Maybe acne cures some kind of chance of "mixing" or something.

#2, Mental disabilities. I grew up with an autistic sister and it's something that I think about every day. One of the reasons I took so many damn psychology classes at uni, (a couple I got bored and skipped a bit, but a c passes). But again, that would also probably cause an imbalance, and probably many jobs would be lost, just and un-just ones. And I love my sis for who I know, not for she could be. The laughs we've had together, I would never trade that.

#3, $100,000. Not a lot, no? Just enough to pay off some debts and the rest to make it realize some dream. Too much money can materialize too many dreams or dreams too quickly. But, you have just enough, you walk it up the stairs or fall flat on your face. You did it, either way, to yourself. That one still has some merit.

I just dropped a pen on the floor. Dust. I just vacuumed 2 days ago, and seems like I never did. I hate dust. You want a wish? No more dust and allergies. There goes the Claritins and cleaning products industries.

I'll, take a maid for now.

Welcome to me.