Monday, August 13, 2007

What to wear?

No, not what clothes I was going to wear on stage Sunday night when I played at Tin's Hall, Tennoji, Japan. No, what underwear.

First, comfort. I had enough to worry about with singing, playing and always the possible hostile crowd, because of my singing and playing.(Kidding, I do well up there). I didn't want to be shifting and fidgeting on my feet. I tried on about 5-6 pairs before I settled on a kind blue tye-dye-ish model I just got at the Gap. Good fit and support, and with no bra to match('cause I'm a guy, not cause I didn't buy or have a clean one or...got it?), the blue went well with my shirt and shoes. Boy's gotta match, no?

Before I sang, I took part in a little banter in Japanese with the MC of the event. Mind you, I went after a guy who air guitar-ed to "Danger Zone"(yep, Kenny Loggins, Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, you know buddy). I was calm.

After some pleasantries, the MC said something in Japanese, that left me aghast. Sighting the bit shock to my face, Mr. MC, in his best english translated for me, "You are very cute!"

Oh, I understood, in both languages. I guess the underwear worked.

Take it where you can kids, take it where you can.

April, 2007